Fire Marshals and Wardens
The findings from a fire risk assessment required under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and general fire safety management practice requires that the Responsible Person must ensure that emergency arrangements are in place. The Responsible Person must also ensure that day to day fire precautions and management systems are organised. This includes implementing a fire safety plan and ensuring that everyone in the premises knows what to do and actions to take if there is a fire. Fire Marshals and Fire Warden form a central role in the fire safety plan.
Aims of the Course
The aim of the course is to make appointees aware of fire precautions, emergency arrangements and their role in the fire safety management plan. At the end of the training trainees will be able to:
- Appreciate the components of fire and how fires start
- Identify typical causes of fire and the importance of good housekeeping in the workplace
- Recognise that human error or actions are the main cause of fire
- Understand what to do on discovering a fire
- Appreciate the importance of fire doors and separation between rooms, floors and means of escape
- Recognise the differences between types of fire fighting equipment and the classification of fires they can be used on
- Appreciate the role of a Fire Marshal or Fire Warden and the day to day actions that can be taken to prevent fires occurring
- Assist in implementing the fire and emergency management plan and evacuation procedures
- Recognise what can go wrong and what should occur in evacuations
- Carry out a safe sweep search of an allotted area in the event of an evacuation
- Assist the building emergency coordinator or officer in executing their responsibilities and if necessary deputise for them
- Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of a Building Emergency Co-ordinator or Officer
Who is it for?
The course has been developed for all levels of employees in an organisation who have been nominated to undertake the responsibilities of a Fire Marshal or Warden.
How is it Delivered?
Fire Marshal and Wardens can be delivered online or through a computer network to each trainee at their desktop or laptop. We can also provide the course to be integrated into a SCORM compliant LMS. The training can be completed at the employees own pace by ‘book marking’ and recording progress and returning to the training at a later stage. In delivering the training in this way the normal costs of training are reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s legal responsibilities. At the end of the training the trainee will complete an assessment.
Compliance Record Keeping Easily Solved
An invaluable feature of Praxis42 eLearning modules is our learning management system called the eSP, our eSolutions Platform. This solves the problem of compliance record keeping by recording all training and completion of courses and making these records available for you to view and manage electronically. No more struggling to find training records should you have a visit from the enforcing agency or an audit. Training certificates can be printed by the trainee once the course is completed and the end assessment successfully passed.
The Fire Marshals and Wardens course from Praxis42 helps those nominated to undertake the role of a Fire Marshal or Warden understand how fires start, how they spread, the need for good housekeeping and what they need to do in the event of an emergency.
Fire Marshals and Wardens Course Guide Download Pdf