Fire Marshal Training
Fire marshals play an important role in an organisation and are central to a fire safety plan.
Developed by fire safety experts, our in-depth fire marshal training course provides all the knowledge you need to become a fire marshal, also known as a fire warden.
It covers the duties required to prevent fires, protect employees and what to do in an emergency, including the correct use of fire-fighting equipment and how to conduct a safe sweep search during an evacuation.
- Ideal for anyone nominated as a fire marshal or fire warden.
- Learn how fires start, spread and what to do in an emergency.
- Online course conducted at your own pace – no prior experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
- Fire Protection Association Member.
- The Institute of Fire Safety Managers Affiliate Member.
Why take this course?
It is a legal requirement for an organisation to provide fire safety information and training for their employees.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO), employers must provide training to ensure employees responsible for fire safety have the necessary knowledge to protect lives in the event of an emergency.
Who should take fire marshal training?
The RRFSO requires that a responsible person carries out a fire risk assessment and put in place appropriate fire safety measures, including ensuring fire marshal training if required. Our fire marshal training eLearning course is ideal for anyone who is nominated as a fire marshal or fire warden.
You do not need any previous or specialist knowledge to undertake fire marshal training.
Anyone can undergo fire warden training at all levels within an organisation, including directors, supervisors and managers, team leaders, admin and clerical employees. It is also suitable for new employees to increase fire safety awareness as part of their induction process.
Course aims and outcomes
Our fire marshal training course helps you understand all aspects of fire safety in the workplace.
The course aims to make you aware of fire precautions and emergency arrangements, and how to prevent fires occurring and spreading.
By completing our fire marshal training course, you will:
- Learn about the importance of fire safety.
- Understand the role of a fire marshal.
- Know how fires start and spread.
- Be able to identify potential fire hazards.
- Be aware of all aspects of fire safety.
- Learn how to prevent fires and what to do in an emergency.
- Learn about different types of fire-fighting equipment.
- Know how to implement a fire and emergency management plan.
The course duration is 25-30 minutes and is completed online at your own pace.
Fire marshal training course content
1. Introduction – Learn why fires should be prevented from occurring, fire safety policies, key roles and responsibilities, and your fire responsibilities as a fire marshal or fire warden.
2. Understanding fire – Learn about combustion and sources of ignition such as combustible waste, common causes of fires, fire hazard exercises and how to prevent arson.
3. Fire action – Understand what to do in the event of a fire, ensure employee safety and your safety, how to effectively raise the alarm and what to do if you hear a fire alarm. Learn how to tackle a fire and judge whether it is safe to do so.
4. Evacuation – Learn about safe and effective evacuation in the event of a fire, the risk and dangers of delays and how to test evacuation procedures. Understand escape routes, the importance of fire safety doors and procedures relating to people with disabilities.
5. Fire-fighting equipment – Understand the different types of fire-fighting equipment, such as fire extinguishers and different classes of fire. You’ll learn about how to operate a fire extinguisher using the PASS method effectively.
Our fire marshal training course includes detailed summaries, interactive tools and exercises, and knowledge tests.
You’ll also be provided with an assessment and fire safety certificate following the successful completion of the fire warden training course.
How is the course delivered?
You can access the course through a web browser on a desktop or laptop PC. You’ll receive a dedicated log-in and training is undertaken at your own pace. You can save your progress and complete the course over several sessions. Online tests ensure information is understood, and you’ll receive a certificate on successful completion.
Our eLearning courses are a cost-effective way of delivering training across an organisation while complying with your organisation’s legal responsibilities.
We can integrate the fire marshal training online course into a SCORM compliant LMS at no extra charge.
SHINE – compliance record keeping made easy
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
SHINE includes a range of dedicated online learning tools.
- Get real-time feedback on learning progress via the SHINE compliance dashboard.
- Manage organisation-wide training with tracking, reporting and auditing across teams.
- Deliver face-to-face training, webinars, training documents, enrolment and assessments.
- SHINE Assessment Tool – identify and communicate organisational risks and co-ordinate training.
- Build a comprehensive library of CPD Certified and IOSH Approved compliance courses.
- Bespoke learning for your employees – from course content to awards and gamification.
- Real-time, live support with our experts to help you get the best from SHINE.
Other health and safety course courses you may be interested in…
Fire Marshals and Wardens Course Guide Download Pdf
Our eLearning is IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant