Fire Marshals and Wardens
The findings from a fire risk assessment required under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and general fire safety management practice requires that the Responsible Person must ensure that emergency arrangements are in place. The Responsible Person must also ensure that day to day fire precautions and management systems are organised. This includes implementing a fire safety plan and ensuring that everyone in the premises knows what to do and actions to take if there is a fire. Fire Marshals and Fire Warden form a central role in the fire safety plan.
Aims of the Course
The aim of the course is to make appointees aware of fire precautions, emergency arrangements and their role in the fire safety management plan. At the end of the training trainees will be able to:
- Appreciate the components of fire and how fires start
- Identify typical causes of fire and the importance of good housekeeping in the workplace
- Recognise that human error or actions are the main cause of fire
- Understand what to do on discovering a fire
- Appreciate the importance of fire doors and separation between rooms, floors and means of escape
- Recognise the differences between types of fire fighting equipment and the classification of fires they can be used on
- Appreciate the role of a Fire Marshal or Fire Warden and the day to day actions that can be taken to prevent fires occurring
- Assist in implementing the fire and emergency management plan and evacuation procedures
- Recognise what can go wrong and what should occur in evacuations
- Carry out a safe sweep search of an allotted area in the event of an evacuation
- Assist the building emergency coordinator or officer in executing their responsibilities and if necessary deputise for them
- Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of a Building Emergency Co-ordinator or Officer
Who is it for?
The course has been developed for all levels of employees in an organisation who have been nominated to undertake the responsibilities of a Fire Marshal or Warden.
How is it Delivered?
Fire Marshal and Wardens Responsibilities eLearning course is available either online or through a computer network – trainees can then access the courses using their own electronic devices. Individuals have to option of bookmarking their progress and completing the course over multiple sessions, allowing them to progress at their own pace. eLearning courses also come with the added benefit of being a cost-effective way of delivering training while still educating employees and complying with your organisation’s legal responsibilities. Should you require it, we are also able to integrate the Fire Marshal and Wardens course into a SCORM compliant LMS at no extra charge.
Compliance Record Keeping Easily Solved
The eSolutions Platform is our learning management systems and forms a key part of all Praxis42 eLEarning modules. The systems solved the issue of compliance record keeping by tracking all training and completion of courses, making this information conveniently available for electronic viewing and management. This also helps you prepare for any audits or visits from enforcing agencies as you can quickly access all of your compliance records and print off individual training certificates if necessary.
The Fire Marshals and Wardens course from Praxis42 helps those nominated to undertake the role of a Fire Marshal or Warden understand how fires start, how they spread, the need for good housekeeping and what they need to do in the event of an emergency.
Fire Marshals and Wardens Course Guide Download Pdf