Fire Safety Training
Fire Safety Training is an essential health and safety online course that ensures you help protect employees, neighbours, visitors and customers, and stay compliant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO) and The Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
Developed by qualified and experienced fire, health and safety professionals, our in-depth fire safety training helps employees understand the danger of fire in the workplace.
It covers common causes of fire, how to raise the alarm and understand what to do in the event of a fire, including safe and effective evacuation.
- Essential fire safety training for all employees, managers and supervisors to reduce the risk of fire.
- Learn about the causes of fire, key responsibilities, action to take and fire safety policies.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no prior experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
- Fire Protection Association Member.
- The Institute of Fire Safety Managers Affiliate Member.
- BAFE Risk Assessment Provider.
Why take this course?
It is a legal requirement for an organisation to provide fire safety awareness training for their employees so they know how to spot fire risks and what to do in the event of a fire.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO) and The Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, employers must provide fire safety training for all employees by law. Providing fire safety training also helps ensure compliance with The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Our online fire safety training provides employees with the knowledge to identify potential fire hazards and risks, what to do in the event of a fire, along with how to raise the alarm and ensure safe evacuation. The course is easy-to-follow and suitable for all levels within an organisation.
Who should take fire safety training?
Our IOSH Approved Fire Safety course is suitable for anyone who occupies or works in your organisation’s buildings, premises or facilities. It is aimed at all levels of employees, including directors, supervisors and managers, team leaders, admin and clerical employees. It is ideal for new employees to increase fire safety awareness as part of their induction process.
Employees typically undergo regular fire safety training at least annually to ensure their knowledge and awareness is up-to-date.
Anyone who has been nominated as a fire warden or fire marshal can expand their knowledge and understand their responsibilities with our expertly designed Fire Marshall training course.
You do not need previous or specialist knowledge to undertake fire safety training.
Course aims and outcomes
Our IOSH Approved Fire Safety training course is designed to help employees understand the causes and dangers of fire, risks of fire in the workplace, and what to do in the event of a fire.
It helps employees understand what to do if they discover a fire, different uses of fire extinguishers, how to raise the alarm, what to do in an evacuation and to appreciate the importance of drills and protected means of escape.
By completing our fire safety training course, you will:
- Understand the main causes of fire in premises.
- Understand the precautions and controls in place to prevent, protect occupants and detect fires.
- Know how fires start and types of fire hazard.
- How to raise the alarm and means of escape.
- Appreciate different types of extinguishers and their safe use.
- Learn how to evacuate in the event of a fire safely.
- Understand the importance of fire doors.
- Be aware of the procedures for evacuating people with disabilities.
The course duration is 25-30 minutes and is completed online at your own pace.
Fire Safety training course content
Our Fire Safety training is delivered in four sections:
1. Introduction – Understand the dangers of fires in the workplace, fire safety policies and key responsibilities.
2. The nature of fire – Learn how fires start, combustion and sources of ignition such as combustible waste, common causes of fires and how to identify fire hazards and how to deal with them in the workplace.
3. What to do in the event of a fire – Understand what to do in the event of a fire or emergency, how to raise the alarm effectively and what to do if you hear a fire alarm. Learn whether it is safe to tackle a fire to aid escape and how to do so safely with the correct fire-fighting equipment.
4. Evacuation – Learn about effective procedures in the event of a fire so employees and occupants of the premises can safely evacuate, understand the risk and dangers of delaying evacuation and the importance of fire drills for testing fire evacuation plans. Build awareness of protected routes, the importance of fire safety doors and procedures relating to people with disabilities.
Our IOSH Approved Fire Safety Training course includes summaries, interactive tools and exercises, and comprehensive tests to enhance your learning.
Fire Safety Certificate: you will be awarded a certificate on the successful completion of the course.
How is the course delivered?
Our Fire Safety Training course is delivered via a web browser or computer network on a desktop PC, laptop and mobile device. The training course can be completed at the employees’ own pace by recording their progress so they can return to the training at a later stage.
By delivering training this way, the typical costs of training are reduced while still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s obligations. At the end of the training, the employee will complete an assessment to ensure that they have familiarised themselves with the critical aspects of the training.
This course is SCORM compliant for use on an external Learning Management System (LMS) if required.
SHINE – compliance record keeping made easy
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced Learning Management System and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing authorities.
SHINE includes a range of dedicated online learning tools.
- Get real-time feedback on learning progress via the SHINE compliance dashboard.
- Manage organisation-wide training with tracking, reporting and auditing across teams.
- Deliver face-to-face training, webinars, training documents, enrolment and assessments – all in one place.
- SHINE Assessment Tool – identify and communicate organisational risks and co-ordinate training and resolution efforts.
- Build a comprehensive library of CPD Certified and IOSH Approved compliance courses suited to your organisation.
- Bespoke learning for your employees – from course content and structure to awards and gamification.
- Real-time, live support with our experts to help you get the best from SHINE.
Other health and safety courses you may be interested in…
Fire Safety Training Guide (PDF) Download Pdf
Our eLearning is IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant