Health and Safety Awareness Course
Health and safety training plays a fundamental role in ensuring employees work safely and without risk to health. It ensures you meet your legal duties in protecting the health of your employees.
Our comprehensive health and safety awareness course is designed by health and safety experts to provide essential training in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. It equips trainees with an understanding of their responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace, resulting in a positive health and safety culture.
- Essential health and safety training to help protect the safety and wellbeing of employees.
- Training that is compliant with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Ideal for directors, managers, supervisors and employees in all sizes and types of organisation.
- Learn how to spot workplace hazards and adopt safe behaviours to create a safe environment.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous health and safety qualifications required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Why take this course?
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires employers to provide training to ensure that employees can carry out tasks safely and without risk to health.
Training records must be kept to ensure that all employees have been trained. This will also help you to assess when refresher training is required.
Who should take a health and safety awareness course?
All employees play a role in maintaining workplace safety. Our health and safety awareness course is suitable for employees at any level, including:
- Business owners and directors – keep up-to-date with legal requirements and learn how to spot and control health and safety risks in your business.
- Managers and supervisors – ensure team leaders know their responsibilities and duties, including operating within an organisation’s health and safety policy.
- Employees – train employees on how to spot potential risks to health, how to work safely, and how to report health and safety concerns.
- Contractors and third-parties – train freelancers, temporary staff and contractors unfamiliar with your workplace.
Health and safety awareness training can be used as part of an induction process for new employees, and as a refresher course to ensure experienced employees remain up-to-date on health and safety awareness training.
Course aims and outcomes
Our health and safety awareness course covers all aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
This course aims to enable employees to undertake their jobs safely through greater health and safety awareness. The course follows a nationally recognised syllabus. When training is complete employees will:
- Be clear on their responsibilities for workplace safety, health and environment.
- Understand their role in securing the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Be able to spot common risks in the workplace and help prevent accidents and ill-health.
- Know how to report accidents and incidents and help prevent a reoccurrence.
- Understand how a positive health and safety policy affects an organisation’s performance.
The course duration is 25-30 minutes and is completed online at your own pace.
1. Introduction – Understand why it is essential to work safely, who is responsible, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
2. Improving safety performance – Understand accident causes, the importance of risk assessments and ERIC PD Controls. Learn how to implement safe systems of work, reporting accidents, first aiders and safety signs, personal protective equipment (PPE) and individual factors that contribute to health and safety.
3. Identification of hazards – How to spot potential risks in the workplace, such as hazardous substances, noise and working at height.
4. Safety management systems – Learn about the safety management model and how to get started with safety management with Plan, Do, Check and Act.
Each stage of our health and safety awareness course includes a summary, interactive tools and exercises, and a comprehensive test.
You’ll also be provided with an assessment and health and safety awareness certificate on successful completion.
How is the course delivered?
Our health and safety awareness course is delivered through our SHINE eLearning platform.
Employees can access the course through a web browser on a desktop or laptop PC. Each trainee has a dedicated log-in and can save their progress, allowing them to learn at their own pace. This course includes a final assessment to test that trainees have familiarised themselves with the key aspects of the training.
This course is SCORM compliant so can be easily integrated into an external earning management system (LMS).
SHINE – compliance record-keeping made simple
Central to Praxis42 eLearning is SHINE – our advanced online learning management system designed to help organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees. A cost-effective tool for compliance record keeping, SHINE removes the chore of correctly filing and keeping track of paper certificates. Instead, you can view and manage all of your training records on one system and quickly print training certificates as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
SHINE includes a range of dedicated online learning tools.
- Get real-time feedback on learning progress via the SHINE compliance dashboard.
- Manage organisation-wide training with tracking, reporting and auditing across teams.
- Deliver face-to-face training, webinars, training documents, enrolment and assessments.
- SHINE Assessment Tool – identify and communicate organisational risks and co-ordinate training.
- Build a comprehensive library of CPD Certified and IOSH Approved compliance courses.
- Bespoke learning for your employees – from course content to awards and gamification.
- Real-time, live support with our experts to help you get the best from SHINE.
Related health and safety courses
Health and Safety Awareness Guide (PDF) Download Pdf
Our eLearning is IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant