Recorded injuries in the UK workplace: 146,076. Young workers and new employees are more at risk in the workplace and suffer more accidents as a result. Failing to train employees in basic health and safety is an offence and may lead to prosecution, increased civil claims, poor employee relations and poor performance in the organisation.
The IOSH Working Safely module provides an interactive experience for trainees to learn the basic elements of health, safety and environment in the workplace, how they can be involved in risk assessments and what to look out for at work. The module is ideally suited as part of an ‘Induction’ package and also as a start point for employees to attend other specific courses.
Aims of the Course
IOSH Working Safely aims to give employees the essential information they need to work safely. Following the IOSH Working Safely syllabus at the end of the module trainees will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities for health, safety and environment issues in the workplace and how to apply them
- Recognise the part they can play in securing the health and safety of themselves and others
- Improve the safety performance of the organisation by recognising hazards and risks and knowing what to do
- Ensure accident and incidents are reported and take part in finding solutions to prevent a re-occurrence
- Recognise common hazards in the workplace and know what to do
- Appreciate the importance of safe behaviours and how a positive health, safety and environment culture effects an organisations performance
Who is it for?
The course has been developed for all levels of employees in all sorts of organisations to provide a baseline level of health, safety and environment knowledge which enables them to undertake their jobs safely.
How is it Delivered?
IOSH Working Safely is an eLearning course which can be delivered to trainees either online or by connecting to a computer network. Individuals can use their electronic devices and complete the course at their own pace by saving their progress and returning to the training later on to complete it. Once a trainee has completed all of the modules, they will face an IOSH accredited hazard spotting exercise and challenging end assessment. Upon successful completion of this assessment, the trainee will have passed the course and will receive an IOSH Working Safely passport or certificate.
Compliance Record Keeping Easily Solved
Like with all Praxis42 courses, our learning management system, the SHINE Platform, is an integral part of the IOSH Working Safely Certificate training. This innovative solution allows you to easily view and manage all employee training records and course completions in one place.
The IOSH Working Safely course from Praxis42 helps employees stay safe and healthy at work by helping them recognise how to act in certain situation, what to do and is expected of them, what can cause harm at work and how they can contribute positively to improve the performance of the organisation.
- Improving safety performance
- Causes of accidents
- Risk assessment
- Safety awareness
- Understanding responsibilities
- Common hazards and precautions
- On-line hazard spotting exercise
- On-line IOSH assessment.
IOSH Working Safety Guide (PDF) Download Pdf