This product is currently unavailable but will be coming back soon. Please contact us for more details.
Each year over 200 people are killed in the work place on average and recorded injuries in the UK workplace often reach over 140,000.
Young workers and new employees are more at risk in the workplace and suffer more accidents as a result. Failing to train employees in basic health and safety is an offence and may lead to prosecution, increased civil claims, poor employee relations and poor performance in the organisation. The IOSH Working Safely module provides an interactive experience for trainees to learn the basic elements of health, safety and environment in the workplace, how they can be involved in risk assessments and what to look out for at work. The module is ideally suited as part of an ‘Induction’ package and also as a start point for employees to attend other specific courses. Many construction sites require employees to have their IOSH Working Safely Passport or Certificate before they can start work on site. Successful trainees will receive a Passport at the end of this course. To obtain an IOSH Working Safely Certificate instead you can find more details here.
Aims of the Course
IOSH Working Safely aims to give employees the essential information they need to work safely. Following the IOSH Working Safely syllabus at the end of the module trainees will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities for health, safety and environment issues in the workplace and how to apply them
- Recognise the part they can play in securing the health and safety of themselves and others
- Improve the safety performance of the organisation by recognising hazards and risks and knowing what to do
- Ensure accident and incidents are reported and take part in finding solutions to prevent a re-occurence
- Recognise common hazards in the workplace and know what to do
- Appreciate the importance of safe behaviours and how positive health, safety and environment culture affect an organisations performance
- Successful trainees will receive an IOSH Working Safely Passport which they can use to prove that they have attained a recognised level of health and safety awareness.
Who is it for?
The module has been developed for all levels of employees in all sorts of organisations to provide a baseline level of health, safety and environment knowledge which enables them to undertake their jobs safely.
How is it Delivered?
The ‘IOSH Working Safely’ course modules can be accessed electronically and are available either online or through a computer network which individuals can join using their own electronic devices. As the course allows employees to bookmark their progress, they can work through the modules over multiple sessions, learning at their own pace. Another benefit of delivering the training in this way is that allows you to fulfill your statutory duties in a far more cost-effective manner than traditional training days. Once employees complete the modules and successfully pass the end assessment, they will receive an IOSH Working Safely passport, or certificate, as proof of their health and safety awareness training.
Compliance Record-Keeping Easily Solved
Like with all Praxis42 courses, the IOSH Working Safely Passport comes with access to our learning management system, SHINE. This allows you to easily view and manage your compliance records electronically rather than dealing with the hassle of keeping paper copies.
The ‘IOSH WORKING SAFELY’ module from Praxis42 helps employees stay safe and healthy at work by helping them recognise how to act in certain situation, what to do and is expected of them, what can cause harm at work and how they can contribute positively to improve the performance of the organisation.
- Improving safety performance
- Causes of accidents
- Risk assessment
- Safety awareness
- Understanding responsibilities
- Common hazards and precautions
- On-line hazard spotting exercise
- On-line IOSH assessment.
IOSH Working Safety Guide (PDF) Download Pdf