The process of risk assessment is at the centre of a good fire, health and safety management system and its use at a tactical level is part of everyday work and the prevention of harm.
Training in the principles of risk assessment is not only a legal requirement but essential in enabling managers and workers to put into place an organisations policies and arrangements through the development and application of controls and workplace precautions.
‘Risk assessment’ aims to give everyone the essential information they need to understand the process and how it applies to the workplace. At the end of the course they will be able to:
- define key terms used in risk assessments
- recognise that there are hazard groups
- appreciate how the risk assessment process asks questions that ensure that the right controls are in place
- recognise the five steps to risk assessment and the importance of competence
- recognise that there are often different types of risk assessments used in an organisation
- apply a recognised hierarchy of control
- appreciate that inspections of the workplace are important part of the process
- recognise where health surveillance can be used to check controls are working
WHO IS RISK ASSESSMENT TRAINING FOR?
Everyone who is involved in and those who undertake risk assessments in the workplace.
HOW IS IT DELIVERED?
Risk assessment training can be delivered online or through a computer network to their desktop or laptop or a device. The training can be completed at the learner’s own pace by ‘book marking’ and recording progress and returning to the training at a later stage. In delivering the training in this way the normal costs of training are reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s legal responsibilities.
COMPLIANCE RECORD KEEPING INSTANTLY SOLVED
An invaluable feature of Praxis42 eLearning modules is our learning management system called SHINE, our learning management system. This solves the problem of compliance record keeping by recording completion of modules and making them available for you to view and manage electronically.
10 minutes bitesize eLearning course
Risk assessment from Praxis42 helps everyone better understand the risk assessment process or offers a refresher training opportunity to those who my need some timely input.
- Hazard and risk definitions
- Hazard classification
- Five steps to risk assessment
- Hierarchy of controls
- Types of risk assessments
- Workplace inspections and health surveillance
- End assessment
Our eLearning is IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant