There is a legal requirement placed on employers to ensure that stress in the workplace is properly managed and that a risk assessment is undertaken.Managers are most likely to undertake the risk assessment and manage stress in the workplace and therefore need to be properly equipped to do so. A recent survey by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on absence management found that respondents cited management style as one of the top three causes of work-related stress. About 1 in 5 people say they find their work either very or extremely stressful and over half a million people believe that work-related stress actually made them ill. On average, a case of stress-related ill health leads to 29 working days being lost and in one recent year a total of 13.4 million working days were lost to either stress, depression or anxiety.
Aims of the Course
Stress Awareness for Managers aims to provide managers with a better understanding of the causes of stress, the positive actions that can be taken to manage stress and their responsibilities as a manager. At the end of the training trainees will be able to:
- Describe the difference between stress and pressure
- Appreciate the common causes of stress in the workplace and also causes outside of work
- Recognise the common signs and symptoms of stress in both themselves and others
- Appreciate that stress can effect people in three main ways
- Recognise the actions and strategies that can be applied to manage stress
- Appreciate that there are six headings in the stress management standards which should form part of a stress risk assessment
- Appreciate that line managers are the primary point for effective stress management
- Describe the management competencies outlined in the CIPD and HSE joint publication
Who is it for?
The course has been developed for managers and supervisors at all levels in the organisation to ensure they have the necessary underpinning knowledge to be able to manage stress successfully in their area of responsibility.
How is it Delivered?
Our Stress Awareness for Managers course is delivered in an eLearning format and can be provided online or through a computer network – individuals can then use their own electronic device to gain access. To ensure that trainees have as much time as they need to complete the modules, they can save their progress and return to it at a later time.
Compliance Record Keeping Easily Solved
Keeping your compliance records up to date is now easier than ever thanks to our learning management system, SHINE. This convenient tool allows you to easily track and manage training records electronically and print off individual certificates once employees have successfully completed a course.
Stress Awareness for Managers training from Praxis42 can help managers and supervisors to recognise the common causes of stress. It also informs them of the positive actions they can take to better manage stress, by using a risk assessment approach.The training uses a best practice approach and the latest guidance concerning management competencies and behaviours.
Stress Awareness for Managers Guide (pdf) Download Pdf
Our eLearning is IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant