IOSH Working Safely Certificate
Workers killed: 212
Recorded injuries in the UK workplace: 146,076 Young workers and new employees are more at risk in the workplace and suffer more accidents as a result. Failing to train employees in basic health and safety is an offence and may lead to prosecution, increased civil claims, poor employee relations and poor performance in the organisation.
The IOSH Working Safely module provides an interactive experience for trainees to learn the basic elements of health, safety and environment in the workplace, how they can be involved in risk assessments and what to look out for at work.The module is ideally suited as part of an ‘Induction’ package and also as a start point for employees to attend other specific courses.
Aims of the Course
IOSH Working Safely aims to give employees the essential information they need to work safely. Following the IOSH Working Safely syllabus at the end of the module trainees will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities for health, safety and environment issues in the workplace and how to apply them
- Recognise the part they can play in securing the health and safety of themselves and others
- Improve the safety performance of the organisation by recognising hazards and risks and knowing what to do
- Ensure accident and incidents are reported and take part in finding solutions to prevent a re-occurence
- Recognise common hazards in the workplace and know what to do
- Appreciate the importance of safe behaviours and how a positive health, safety and environment culture effects an organisations performance
Who is it for?
The course has been developed for all levels of employees in all sorts of organisations to provide a baseline level of health, safety and environment knowledge which enables them to undertake their jobs safely.
How is it Delivered?
IOSH Working Safely can be delivered online or through a computer network to each trainee at their desktop or laptop. The training can be completed at the employees own pace by ‘book marking’ and recording progress and returning to the training at a later stage. In delivering the training in this way the normal costs of training are reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s legal responsibilities.At the end of the training the trainee will complete an online IOSH accredited hazard spotting exercise and challenging end assessment. Successful trainees will receive an IOSH Working Safely certificate or passport which they can use to prove that they have attained a recognised level of health and safety awareness.
Compliance Record Keeping Easily Solved
An invaluable feature of Praxis42 eLearning courses is our learning management system called eSP, our eSolutions Platform.This solves the problem of compliance record keeping by recording completion of modules and making them available for you to view and manage electronically.
The IOSH Working Safely course from Praxis42 helps employees stay safe and healthy at work by helping them recognise how to act in certain situation, what to do and is expected of them, what can cause harm at work and how they can contribute positively to improve the performance of the organisation.
- Improving safety performance
- Causes of accidents
- Risk assessment
- Safety awareness
- Understanding responsibilities
- Common hazards and precautions
- On-line hazard spotting exercise
- On-line IOSH assessment.
IOSH Working Safety Guide (PDF) Download Pdf